Stat Counter


View My Stats

Friday, August 07, 2009

When does it stop going around?

In a post entitled "What Goes Around ..."I reported on the bizarre events surrounding our purchase of a house that was haunted by the murder that had occurred there, a mother killed by a person the authorities believed to be her adopted son.

I reported the later -- almost as wierd -- events which involved me in the habeas corpus proceedings many years after the murder, in which the convicted son tried to prove his innocence and I was enlisted to give my testimony.

Now, 26 years after the conviction, a Los Angeles federal district court judge finally ordered a retrial or dismissal in the case, according to today's L.A. Times.

It may not, however, be the end of the story. The L.A. D.A. has the option of re-trying the matter and a spokesperson has indicated a willingness to do so. If I had to bet, my money would be on a re-trial, if for no other reason than that the reversal was partly based on police misconduct and that implies besmirching the L.A.P.D. and exposes the city to possible restitution to the wrongfully convicted "victim", to compensate him for his life spent in hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment